There are several ways to reduce plastic pollution, both for marine life and from other aspects.
So let’s discuss solutions to marine pollution first. Approximately 8 million tons of plastic end up in our seas each year and create 80% of all aquatic trash from surface waters to deep-sea deposits. As a result, marine classes ingest or are ensnared by plastic trash, which damages marine life severely.
The solutions to marine plastic pollution:
Solving the marine plastics pollution problem can – and must – be approached from multiple angles.
- Product Design: The initial step is identifying plastic products that can be replaced with nonplastic or reused materials. You can employ experts who can develop a product with nonplastic material or reusable plastic.
- Technology and Variation: Designing the instruments and technology to assist governments and institutions measure and control plastic consumption within their municipalities.
- Designing a Plastic-free office: Every single-use thing can be substituted with reusable items or more durable single-use alternatives and directed at an extra fee to encourage behavioral variation among workers and guests. This innovation is anticipated to limit nearly nine tons of waste yearly by changing our way of managing.
- Producer Duty: Extensive liability can be implemented to the retailers, where producers are liable for the accumulation and recycling of commodities they launch in the market.
- City and Society Activities: we should arrange events to clean up beaches and rivers and awareness-raising actions to notify the citizens regarding how their behaviors help to reduce marine plastics pollution
Collect Plastic Waste from the sea:
To clear the oceans of plastic, we require to clean up whatever was previously in the sea, but we also need to take action that no plastic is dumped in the river.
The Ocean Cleanup goes collectively with government officers, people, and private corporations to handle the 1000 most polluting rivers all across the globe.
Use the power of Plastic dissolving Bacteria
Experts throughout the globe have proceeded to find various kinds of bacteria that can deteriorate particular varieties of plastic. These investigations are still in the starting stage, but progress in this department can positively influence discovering new remedies for our Plastic Waste predicament.
Credit: Feature Image